How much does these dating services cost?and how do they work? ex, e-Harmony,

Is the cost a montly cost or per date?

MomaNikie

Asked by MomaNikie at 8:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I know match.com wants to pay for 6 months up front and its $116!!! Insane. I dont know about eharmony though, sorry. You can try mate1.com or plentyoffish.com those are free.
    mrschrono

Answer by mrschrono at 9:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I met my husband on Matchmaker.com. At the time it was free. I don't know about the cost now. I can tell you that I highly recommend the site. He is truly my best friend. We've been married for 6 1/2 years and we have more in common than I could ever have hoped for. I wish you much success.
    ebannon1973

Answer by ebannon1973 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I understand that E-Harmony uses the same method that a company I used to work for used. They use what is called the Myers-Briggs typology test, which asks you a lot of basic questions on how you feel about ideals or situations, how you would react to certain things, your political and social outlooks, how you treat others and want them to treat you, and so on. All important questions that most people don't think to mention in a bio on a dating website. Most dating sites just offer you a short bio and a picture to guess whether or not the person would be right for you to date. A lot of those crucial things don't come out until you're deeper in a relationship and then you have problems.

More on next answer:
    Pogovina

Answer by Pogovina at 11:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The results of the Myers-Briggs test just basically tells you what "type" of personality you have. Where the dating sites like E-Harmony work is that they take that "type" and match it to others in their system with the exact same "type". In this setup, you find a list of people to read their bios and look at their pictures but the hard work is already done for you. You know that many of the deep issues for you are the same with these people, which will lead to a higher level of compatibility and more likelihood of things working out with you and these people.
    Here is an example of the Mysers-Briggs test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Unfortunately, I don't know what the going rates of the dating sites that use typology are, but I hear they are worth it.
    Pogovina

More on next answer:
    Pogovina

Answer by Pogovina at 11:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008