How can I transition my 9 month old to her crib

My 9 month old has not slept well in her crib since 6 months, so we have let her sleep with us. At first we were all sleeping well, but over the past month our daughter wakes constantly through the night. She's been teething and a few have popped through, but she is still a very restless sleeper. I need to transition her back to her crib in hopes that she will learn to sleep on her own and hopefully sleep better. I just don't know the best way to do this. I've tried it before and she just cries until I pick her up. Please help!!!

kkurth

Asked by kkurth at 9:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well of course she cries when you do it, they all do. Only thing that actually works is consistency in whatever method you deem best
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would start with naps first, and let her get comfortable with the crib. Then I always use the CIO method, but i can only stand 5 min. And at that time i will go in there and only soothe him NOT pick him up. I will not pick him up until he stops crying.

HTH
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2009