Good books for first time moms?

My friends daughter is 17 (don't start the bashing please) She just found out she's pregnate and i wanna get her a book to tell her what's going on inside. Remend something cause i didn't read many mainly the good what to exspect....

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 9:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I love love looooovvveeeedddd belly laughs and baby laughs by Jenny McCarthy. Shes so funny and honest...I peed my pants a couple of times while reading them and i finished both in a day.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• What to Expect when you're expecting and What to expect the first year. This are the ones I got and they were great. I also got a pregnancy journal that I could write in and I like to look back at it.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 9:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Happiest Baby on the Block. You can get it from the library and it comes with a video. It works well for fussy little ones, like my first. Its pretty amazing how he gets these screaming little guys to stop crying in seconds.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The What To Expect When You're Expecting and The What To Expect The First Year books were my Bibles!! Some people don't like them but I used those books more than calling people or even asking doctors questions, I thought they were fantastic!
    HoodiaGirl

Answer by HoodiaGirl at 9:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The best book I found was "What to Expect When Your Expecting" Each chapter is divided up by the number of weeks a women is pregnant and tells exactly what the mom is experiencing during that month physically, mentally, etc. It also tells you how the baby should be developing from month to month. I found that any questions I had could be answered by this book. They have it at any bookstore and also places like Wal- Mart. It was not expensive and full of needed information! I hope all goes well for this young momma and that she has the support she needs.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You could probably find these books on ebay or craigslist. Alot of women read these and alot will try to get rid of them when they're done. I have seen them on craigslist under baby+kids.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 9:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• what to expect when you're expecting is always a good one but sometimes the obgyn arounds you will have a book the book i have is frome the hospital of st. lukes it's called you and your baby pregnancy by dr. laura riley, obgyn ...and im 17 and going on my 6th month so if she needed someone to talk to you can always write to me because ive bin thru alot in my pregnancy
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 10:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The pregnancy bible... any book by Ina May Gaskin (child birth).
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree with The Happiest Baby on the Block. Just get the DVD for her if she's not a big reader. It worked absolute WONDERS for my son. You can get it on Amazon.com.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 11:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2009