need advice, posted on kids 5-8 but no answers

My daughter Madison is very upset. She is 7 years old and in the last month 2 of her friends have passed away. Her friend Hailey Dacus was in a car accident she was 7 and her friend Hannah Park past away Tuesday from brain cancer she was 6. I had a hard time explaining Hailey but now Hannah. I am so scared that this is going to change her... What do i do ? What do i say? OMGosh. Please help..
i posted this as a journal on my page, but i just am so lost and sad for these girls family and have no idea what to say, They were both very unexpected deaths and i am so confused.

brees3

Asked by brees3 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I already posted in the other one. I do recommend counseling. Something that helped me when I was very young was the assurances of my father, even though in adulthood I've realized he was just being comforting and what he said wasn't really so. I was afraid of the house burning down, he told me the house was brick and so could not burn. Of course this isn't true, but it did comfort me tremendously and I stopped worrying about that. So what I am saying is to tell her that you will be extra careful about driving, and that she and you are healthy and not going to die until you both are much much older. This is all stretching the truth, of course, but it will be comforting to her.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Hailey is in the local paper almsot daily, and hannah was a abused child that was put in foster care and then her grandmother got her and i introduced Madison to her so Hannah would have a friend.
    brees3

Answer by brees3 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• This is just too sad and I didn't know how to respond.
    I don't know what I would do. Talk to your daughter and tell her this will not happen to her. Tell her she is healthy and you will always keep her safe. Tell her her friends are angels now.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• wow there is a lot of advice now thank you all so much, you guys are great.
    brees3

Answer by brees3 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i think your daughter needs counseling, there is not much you can do exept listen to her when she is sad.
    Brookey

Answer by Brookey at 10:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2009