question about steaks

I am going to make steaks for dinner tonight, but I donot have a broiler and hubby is working late tonight so I donot want to wait until he gets home to make them on the grill because the kids wont last that long. So my question is can steaks be made in the oven??? If so how do you make them in the oven and how long do you put them in the oven for???

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You could just learn to use the grill...I finally did that last summer and Im s glad I did LOL I have no idea how to make a steak in the house, but ask him to show you how to use the grill you won't regret it!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Your oven doesn't have a broiler? I've never made steaks in the oven, not sure how that would work. If I were you, I'd pan fry them, put them in a screaming hot pan for about 3-4 mins per side, depending on thickness. OR, you could just sear them on each side quickly and finish cooking in the oven...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• No my oven does not have a broiler. It has a place at the bottom but it isn't a broiler it is for pans. They are pretty thick steaks
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2009