Why are lunch ladies so mean?

My kids complain about their lunch lady all the time. She's rotten and I don't think she likes kids. I remember when I was in school I had a mean lunch lady too. Why are they so miserable?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• how happy would you be if you were a lunch lady? but seriously, my kids are always complaingin about theirs too. I don't get it. If you are miserable and don't want to be around kids and are nothing but mean to them, why do you have a job that leaves you surrounded by kids??
    mommyhedden

Answer by mommyhedden at 12:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Because they grew up to be lunch ladies.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's the hairnet..I'd be pissed too if I had to wear a hair net all day LOL! Not all are like that at our school they are really nice and they love the kids..at another school in our town the kindergarten girls usually don't eat the first few weeks because the cafeteria is so loud with lunchladies yelling at the kids. So glad my dd doesn't go there.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Its hot in that kitchen!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't know... I remember the lunch ladies growing up just being really grouchy and mean. The lunch people at my son's school seem like a bunch of overbearing b!thces. My son comes home all the time and tells me kids get in trouble right and left (him also sometimes) for the stupidest things. Come on it is one time of the day where kids can actually socialize without a teacher breathing down their neck....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think it's the noise & all the disrespectful kids. It puts them in a bad mood & they take it out on everyone.I wouldn't want to do that or be a school bus driver. Those folks should get Big AIG type bonuses. One field trip & I have the mother of all headaches for the rest of the day. God bless 'em.
    Darkwolf

Answer by Darkwolf at 9:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• lol MommyAddie said it best.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Jodi..I didn't know you were a lunch lady LOL
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Ooops...I forgot to say no offense to the lunch ladies on here. lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2009