When Should You Start Giving Your Child Baby Food?

i read some people do at around 4 months.
i want to know everyones opinion.
and how much, a whole jar? or just a little to start with?

baileysmom16

Asked by baileysmom16 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Size 1 jars are pretty small. I used the cereal out of the boxes when she started at 4 months. That way you can make it really soupy or thicker when she's ready for it.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 9:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I started around 4 months because she wouldnt eat ceral. She usually ate 1/2 jar at first and then after a week she had a whole jar of stage 1
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• 4 months cereal
    6 months baby food. i gave her one jar a day to start. and then let her sort of lead the way on when she wanted more. it took less than a week and she was eating more than one a day. i moved her up to stage 2 quickly because she was eating 4 jars of stage 1 a day! now she is 8.5 months and eats one jar with her cereal and a bottle at her 2nd feeding of the day. on her 3rd or 4th she has at least one more stage 2 jar - sometimes its 2 jars all with a 6 oz bottle. The most she has ever had was 4 stage 2 jars a day, but she doesnt do that consistently so i have moved up to stage 3 yet. although i have been giving her bites of table food here and there.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Everyone is different. If your little one is showing interest to what you're eating, I'd start then. My first son wasn't introduced to baby food until he was 6 months old and with my preemies I started them at 10 months old. I would start off with a couple spoons and if they wanted more I'd let them finish the jar and that's it.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2009