What kind of activities do you do with your 1 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We usually go outside, to the park, play with her friends or just go to the store so she'll socialize and "talk". When it's ugly out we don't do anything except play inside. lol. I need these answers too.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 9:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• we play outside when its nice either in the yard or in the park.. sliding, running, swinging. if its gross out we'll play inside and read books. she plays by herself some too.. it makes me sad because i want to play lol but dh says its normal.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My 1 yo twins are my youngest (of 6 kids), and they play together and keep busy by themselves. It is difficult, especially in the winter/early spring. The weather isn't very nice, but we do get outside for a bit on the sunny days. As for organized activities, there isn't much that appeals to that age group. They like to get into cabinets! Try rotating their toys so they don't get bored. If you have a children's museum nearby, that could be a nice day trip. When it is nicer, take them to the park or zoo. Rainy days - try the aquarium. If you don't live near any of these, ask around your neighborhood about play groups. BTW emmalouwho - be glad your daughter entertains herself sometimes! You will need her to and the oldest usually likes to be entertained!
    cherlygirlie

Answer by cherlygirlie at 1:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I usually let my 1 year old "help" me around the house when we can't go outside. She likes to put the dishes in the sink (with help) and Throw away her diaper, these little chores keep her entertained, teach her how to clean up, and make her feel special.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 2:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• go to and indoor inflatable park idk where u r but oklahoma city has a few and most states do as well they love to jump aroundbut keep n mind u will have to jump w them so b ready !!the plus is they will sleeeeeeeep gr8 that night!!!!!!
    muthrof_2

Answer by muthrof_2 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• we blow bubbles, color with crayola color wonders (no mess), finger paint, go to Monkey Joe's (inflatable park) which is my fave. On rainy days we climb in her tent and read books, turn on the music and dance, and sometimes we bake cookies ( I buy pillysbury cookies and let her place them on the cookie sheet).
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 12:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2009