Depression

Do any of you have depression controlled by meds and feel much better but still suffer from some depression symptoms? I'm on cymbalta and Trazadone for a month and a half they have already raised my dose last week. I'm still a little weepy but nothing like before. What can I do to help with this I try to walk every day and eat healthy and get lots of sleep. Is there anything else I could be doing?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 10:06 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• HI THERE,
    I AM ON PAXIL FOR MY DEPRESSION AND MOST OF THE TIME IT WORKS FOR ME. HOWEVER THERE ARE THE DAYS WHERE I FEEL OH SO TERRIBLE AND WISHED I WAS NOT EVEN HERE. I FOUND THAT MY DEPRESSION ALSO GETS TRIGGERED BY THE MOVIES OR SHOWS I WATCH. THE PEOPLE I AM AROUND AND THINGS THAT I READ. I KNOW THAT MAY SOUND DUMB BUT ITS THE TRUTH. I ALSO HAVE VERY HIGH ANXIETY AND I WOULDNT WISH IT OR DEPRESSION ON ANYONE. ITS A TERRIBLE THING TO HAVE AND I GUESS THE WAY I GET THROUGH IT IS TO TAKE A BREATH. THERE ARE DAYS THAT I LAY ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR WITH THE DOOR LOCKED AND CRY CRY CRY....... OFTEN AFTER I AM DONE I FEEL SOME RELEIF. ITS NOT A FUN THING TO DO AND MAYBE NOT EVEN HEALTHLY. I AM NOT SURE, BUT IT DOES GIVE ME SOME RELEIF. I ALSO STRUGGLE WITH BI-POLAR AND THAT ALSO IS VERY HARD TO DEAL WITH. HAVING A BRAIN THAT WONT STOP AND THAT CANT MAKE A GOOD CHOICE ALOT OF THE TIMES IS VERY HARD.,
    tripletmomntwo

Answer by tripletmomntwo at 12:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It sounds like you're doing the right things, but are still somewhat depressed. Medication can be tricky, it doesn't usually work how they say it will! I wish I had some advice for you, just keep putting one foot in front of the other....that's all you can do. I'm Bipolar, and get very little relief from the meds...I've been told that I'm one of those people that doesn't respond well to medication?! good luck, I hope you start feeling better soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2009