how busy are we?

ok yesterday I was walking around the house with a bucket and rag to clean all the little hand prints off the walls(damn white walls) and I had just made the kids dinner,ionly had a sandwich,so my 2yr.old said he had to go potty, I 've got the rag in one hand, a sandwich in the other ,the phone to my ear and a 2yr old at my feet and i went to put the rag back in the bucket and take a bite of the sandwich...only it was the rag thank God i smelled the bleach before i ate it!!!!!
So my question is why do we try to crame so much into one day and are WE really that busy?

sharonrosen3

Asked by sharonrosen3 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• We are mothers ofcourse we are really busy...
    try doing all of it and working a 8 hour job with a
    1 hour commute...
    Like I tell my fiance we are stronger in every sense of the word than men are..
    the only strength they have over us is in their muscles....::))
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I started an outside job when the children were in school so I hadn't really had time at home without children. On my first day off, and with both children in school, I was amazed at how much I got done without mulit-tasking and rushing around. It really is more work to have the children at home.

Answer by Bmat at 10:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Part of being a mother is being able to multi-task. I think sometimes the men in our lives take it for granted. Just yesterday morning, I was trying to get my boys dressed and ready for school, fix them breakfast, help with their unfinished homework, and pack their lunch, all in the thirty minutes I had before we needed to rush out the door. You know what I got from my husband? A guilt trip because I didn't fix him breakfast also? WTH!!

I usually try not to let myself get that busy, but when you're a mother, you have no choice when the kids are hungry, or need to go potty, or the many other things your kids will inevitably need from you while you are trying to do anything else.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• This is why I'm not married to my kids father anymore, he was abusive, a lazy slob, and didn't care about anything but what he wanted... Sad thing was had I known this before I married him and had children I wouldn't have... Hind sight is 20/20 for sure... Now I wouldn't trade my life or kids for anything, my hubby is the most attentive awesome human being on the planet. I could go on forever about him but I won't. I will say is I'm so thankful I have him....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yea i understand what EVERYONE is saying but how about a funny mistake cause you were so busy you didnt notice.... ok almost eating bleach wasnt funny then but ......
    sharonrosen3

Answer by sharonrosen3 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Honestly, I think we bring it on ourselves. We, as mothers, have this preconceived idea that we HAVE to do everything and it has to be perfect when it isn't true. No body cares if your house is perfectly clean and if they do they have issues.

Personally, I wouldn't have even bothered cleaning the walls. What's the point when the kids are just going to mess them up again. I just noticed yesterday how dirty the walls around the stairs are. They are awful. It's been...years since we washed them I'm sure. So this weekend I plan to break out some soapy water and sponges and the kids are going to clean them. They made the mess, they can clean them.

You can do that, too. Baby wipes do wonders on little finger prints. My kids volunteer to get the wipes out and wash walls. Last weekend they did the stairs with them which is probably why my 3yo couldn't find the wipes to wash up her hands today, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009