I had my daughter almost 4 weeks agi and i have had no pain for almost 3 weeks now, i am very active, and feel great. my bleeding has gone down to about nothing. a pad a day is sufficient. do you think it is safe to have sex?

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 10:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• Well, I had 2 c-sections and the 1st time I had sex at 5 week and the 2nd time at 3 weeks with no complications. I don't know if you delivered by section or vaginally, but I know with sections they recommend waiting 6 weeks but I also hear whenever you feel comfortable so I just listened to my body. Hope this helps!
    amyd4581

Answer by amyd4581 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I WOULD SUGGEST WAITING UNTIL YOUR 6 WEEK CHECK UP...I NEVER HAD ANY BAD EXPERIENCE AFTER MY CHILDREN BUT ITS ALWAYS SAFER TO WAIT TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE COMPLETELY HEALED
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• No wait till your 6 week check up. It is about scaring and healing not pain and periods.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 11:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I never waited til the 6 week mark and I had 4. The first time should be as slow and gentle as possiable. make sure you on birth control..right now your VERY FERTILE.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I say its ok, just use some kind of protection, if u dont want to conceive again!! Some women heal faster then others it all depends, if u feel comfortable enough to do that again, then go ahead and try.

sun

Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 1:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Wait for your doctor's go ahead! You may feel great, but that doesn't mean your body is ready. There is a reason the doctor tells you to wait.
    cherlygirlie

Answer by cherlygirlie at 1:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009