if you test when AF is a week late and get a positive....

is it a big possibilty you are pregnant. What can cause a false positive besides a chemical? cause i have no bleeding or spotting. I just would like some opinions. I go to the health department to day for there test that makes 2 days since my hpt. I am not asking for answers just opinions...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard of a false negative but never a false positive. Congrats, you are pregnant.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• False positives are REALLY rare...when you took that test, it said there are enough of the pregnancy hormones present to register positive...so congrats mama.

And I didn't have implantation bleeding with either of my kids and only spotted one day with my first...none at all with the second...so it isn't necessary
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You are preggo, Congrats!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it's hard to get a false positive
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 10:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• even a "chemical" positive is still a positive. you're still pregnant for a short time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I had no spotting or cramping either when i found outi was pregnant! congratS!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• There are a few very, very rare women who always have the pregnancy hormone in their system. But like I said--very rare. The other thing that can happen with some pregnancy tests is that if the test sits for over 10 minutes or so, it will show as positive just from the test reacting to itself. So if you don't read it right away (and honestly, who could wait 10 minutes??) it can show a false positive. In this case, it sounds like you are pregnant--Congrats!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009