target store

Does anyone know if target stores uses telecheck verification when writing a check? I know walmart does, but wasn't sure about target since you dont get your check back. I went to walmart yesterday and they declined my check. I checked my bank account and no checks have been returned and i have $105.00 balance. So i dont understand and i havnt had a chance to call the number they gave me. I was needing some diapers and things but couldn't. Thought i may go to target

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I stopped using checks a long time ago but I think Target does have the same check system. I would just go to the bank and withdraw the money until you can get the issue resolved with Telecheck.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I know some of the check systems are really sensitive to anything on your credit report. I used to work in insurance & customers could do an electronic check with some companies. One company would withdraw check writing privileges for customers who bounced checks anywhere. So if a customer had a check bounce in the past year or so, this company wouldn't take their electronic check no matter the customers record with that company or the status of the account on that day. I agree with JeremysMom--go to the bank & withdraw the cash you need. Either that or call the bank, there may be a hold on your account that you don't know about (like if you used your debit card for gas or a electronic draft is pending). Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Telecheck quality has been going down hill for a while now. I think to many people without money are righting bad checks and it's getting to be to much for them, their system has glitches all the time. I know of old ladies who'd come in to Target, write a check and it would be declined then I'd walk them through using their debit card (which they told me was on the same account) and the transaction would go right through. I have no way of knowing if they were telling the truth or if they even knew how many accounts they had - you know how little old ladies get be, but it happened a lot. I don't remember if Target used telecheck when I was there, but I know telecheck has issues. Get a debit card you can use that anywhere. Many places are fazing out checks & are going to start charging fees if you use a check.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It was probably just an issue with telecheck. The company I work for uses telecheck. We have to call them ALL the time and usually get answers like "well, i'm not sure why the check was declined, it just was." It's very frusterating for customers and retailers.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009