I had my 1st ultrasound yesterday and my doctor found the baby, but no heartbeat. We thought I was 6 weeks and 4 days along, but according to the ultrasound machine I am only 5 weeks 5 days. I'm scared that I've miscarried and didn't even know it. Now my doc is doing blood tests to check my HCG levels and should have results tomorrow afternoon. Should I be concerned or did I simply miscalculate the date of conception? I'm scared and confused! Please help!

This is my 2nd pregnancy. My progesterone levels have been very good. I have had little to no pregnancy symptoms other than missed period, tender breasts and some bloating.

teach1bd

Asked by teach1bd at 10:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be that you miscalculated conception, dont give up hope until those results come back :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My first developed more slowly that my conception date would have indicated, and he is a fine strong man now. Keep up hope. Best of luck to you,. and hugs and prayers. Please check in after you get your results and let us know?

Answer by Bmat at 10:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Hopefully you just miscalculated, and unfortunately you are right on the brink of when a heart beat should be found, but a few days back and you cant see it. Try not to stress untill you have something to worry about, I know it is hard, I've been there too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would hope you miscalculated. If you had a miscarriage, you'd know.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i thought I was 6 weeks along, and when I went in my levels not only were only HALF of what they should have been and over the next eight days refused to doube ever 48 hours, but ALSO the baby wasnt nearly as developed as they thought it should be... turns out I was less than six weeks, they couldnt figure out why my levels didnt double as they should be the last visit there was a STRONG heart beat!!! :) just got my tests done and there is no birth defects or problems, I will deliver a healthy baby girl... your probably fine.. dont stress, we cant explain everything!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009