SAHM Attire? Do we have a dresscode now?

Have you ever looked nice and had someone say " oh I wouldn't have suspected you were a SAHM"? WTF? Just because we are moms doesn't mean we are no longer sexy women! I hate when people say "your job defines you". O.K. well am I a chef, personal assistant...

sorry. just a little vent

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Haha. I'm a semi-SAHM and I think I still have great style. Just because we're moms doesn't mean we can't look hot! I always wear either jeans or a knee length skirt so I can clean and chase my toddler in comfort, but they are always paired with cute shoes, a cute top, and jewelry (minimal, but still there). I also do my hair and makeup every day. I mostly just tame the top layers of their frizz and arrange in a variety of ponytail styles, but my hair is done and different every day. I don't wear a ton of makeup, but enough to look polished yet natural.

My man wakes up early to go to work and I get up at the same time to make his breakfast and lunch, then after he leaves I have about an hour to shower and get ready for my day before our son wakes up. Works well for me and I don't sacrifice slep :)
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• lol, i thought a SAHM's uniform was a sweat suit hehe :p

jk, its just my uniform ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I know a SAHM who gets up before her kids, showers and gets ready every day...makeup, jewelry, the works. I am a teacher and have tried that during breaks before, but just can't! I like lounging around in my pj's or comfy clothes for a while in the mornings. The one nice thing about being totally ready is if you need to leave suddenly, you're ready to go!
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 10:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• When out in public, no one would ever guess that I'm a SAHM (for now). I do miss getting up and putting on make up and leaving for work but I'll be back to it in a few weeks so I'm trying to enjoy my pjs and my newborn.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Haha! Comfy clothes is my uniform. I used to get dressed, put on make-up and did my hair.
    Now I'm like whatever..lol
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• T-shirts and jeans are my sahm uniform I love to be comfy in jeans and a t shirt and somedays when i want a lil umph I Bumpit (my hair)
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I wish wish wish I was one of those SAHMs who has the energy to be sexy and/or stylish. I mean, I'm not a complete slob 100% of the time, but I don't even get into the shower and out of my PJ's until after dinner on some days...and on other days just wear a t-shirt and jeans....never mind makeup or hair! I used to do my hair every day and put on makeup and dress cute, even when I was pregnant, but I just can't seem to find the energy to do it anymore :(
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 2:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I used to be a sexy SAHM!!! But I've since gained more weight than I feel comfortable with. I'm hoping my next year I've been able to loose it. Now I'm a track pants and tshirt SAHM. Although I rarely wore makeup before, I never have really. Maybe when I get older!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am a sahm and I always make sure that I look good! I AM that SAHM who gets up, works out, showers, dresses nice. I do my hair and make up everyday.
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• *raises hand sheepeshly* Guilty of the SAHM "look". I am rarely out of jeans and a t-shirt and I hardly every wear makeup. And my HAIR!! I haven't done my hair in I don't know how long. I brush it and wear it in a ponytail, bun, or braids 99.9% of the time. Guess I'm one of the instigators . . . *ducking head* "sorry!"
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2009