Sharp pain at 28 weeks

I want to say I just went to the doctor on Tuesday and everything was fine. Anyway I swear last night I had a couple contractions that felt stronger that brax and hicks. Well today i am having a sharp pain on the right tide of my abdomin every once in awhile. Has anyone ever had this? Is it anything to be concerned about?

BTW it doesnt feel like stretching pain either and the baby has been moving like normal.

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The brax and hicks, suck. Plain and simple. The farther you are, the more painful they can be. I got to the poin with my 3rd that I would have to stop and breathe through them. If you are concerned, call the dr. that's what they ar there for!! :P
    Congrats on the baby though!! You are almost done! :D
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 10:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• In my situation, it's not good. With my second son I had sharp pains at 28 weeks. I didn't realize I lost my mucus plug until my husband's aunt told me (she's a nurse). After about 3 hours my water broke. Doctors tried everything to stop my labor but my little guy wanted out. I was very confused because my oldest son was born full term, so I wasn't sure could have triggered pre-term labor. With my third son, I started to feel sharp pains at 24 weeks. I got checked at 28 weeks and found out that I was 1cm dialated, had a short cervix and I tested positive for this cervix test. I was put onto bedrest because of that. Lasted a week on bedrest and had my son at 29 weeks. Both of my preemies are perfectly healthy but they were just very tiny. With my experience I would call your OB and get checked. If you are having contractions you can get on Procardia to stop it. Having a preemie is very hard! Drop me a message if u have any ?s.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I had them! Drink LOTS of water, I know you hear this all the time!! I went into L&D twice with REAL contractions due to not drinking enough- And then when I was really in Labor they told me not to come in cause I was not drinking enough!! I went in and had Jaob 5 hours later!! Drink water and lay down for an hour or two... Then if you still have them call L&D, they will tell you weather or not to come in- they are more likley to tell you the better one of the two! Good Luck! And drink 8 ounces for me!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 11:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i had those and have them all the time i kept getting told it was stretching but didn't believe it, it felt so much worse than stretching like someone was scraping a hot poker on the inside of the skin, i thought it was contractions but turns out it really was stretching...the round ligament that attaches from the side of your hip to the front...i looked it up and it actually makes sense the only thing i've found that really helps is to either lift your tummy or push down on it gently it won't hurt the baby and unless your little one stops moving normally i would try not to let it worry you...i'm 35 wks now and the pain still happens every so often, been having it since about 15wks.
    panda09

Answer by panda09 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009