oops!! What now?

Ok... So a friend of mine said you COULD use BF as a birthcontrol... Well I know now you cant! We only did the deed once inside me, I was 5 weeks PP... I am now 7 weeks today, I am having alot of discharge like I did when I was preg. , but I coudnt be right? Only happend once, and I havent gotton my period yet due to BF... Could I just be crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well I exclusively bf my son and had a couple of oops, lolz but never got pregnant. If you haven't had a period yet then it's very possible you are not pregnant but if you have already had a period, not counting the bleeding for about a week right after baby is born, then you could be. Are u still bf? How old is your baby? My cousin bf and didn't get pregnant then when her baby was 5 months old she had a very light period and got pregnant right after she is due in June.
    Anonymous

• Lol. I'm sure it's worked for some ladies, you were just one of the lucky ones. With the discharge your body is probably cleaning itself out. If you're worried, you can take a HPT and see.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• BF is NOT a birthcontrol!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• NO CRAP!! DIDNT I SAY I KNEW THAT! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yeah, my hubby believed that BF was birthcontrol after our first was born. As much as I tried to tell him- he wasn't convinced. Having baby #2 1 yr and 10 days after #1 convinced him! LOL I hadn't had a period yet either. My aunt got pregnant with her youngest on her first time with her hubby after her son was born. Baby sister was born 10 months later. =)
    cbx3mom

Answer by cbx3mom at 11:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• OH CRAP!!! I might be!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Its possible, for sure...but it would be awfully fast for you to get your cycles back. I breastfeed and I didn't get mine back for months and months. If you're exclusively BFing, then you're probably not, but well, its always possible. Best of luck!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have no idea what BF is but a girl friend of mine back in highshcool went out of town for spring break and had a one night stand with this guy and never saw him again after she came back. She then found out four months later that she was pregnant and half way through her pregnancy!!! Crazy I know but all it takes is one time I guess. I felt bad for her cause she never got the guys number or anything so he has no idea that he has a child.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• BF is breast feeding
    Anonymous

• Ok I just re-read what you wrote lolz. No I really don't think you are pregnant. Just watch out for any type of spotting or light bleeding it could be your first period without you realizing it. Then after the first period you have a much higher chance of becoming pregnant. Take a test and if you are not pregnant then start using condoms just to be safe.
    Anonymous