Did I screw it up?

So I got a call from Geico yesterday about my application and a "job opportunity". Well, I missed the call. So I called back and got an answering machine. First of all I'm always bad at leaving messages and second I haven't had to talk about applications and job opportunties in 3 years. I found myself sounding like a fifteen year old girl. "Hi, My name is Jessica Bedoy, I'm calling becauseI got a call from someone about my application and a possible job opporunity. If you could call me back that would be great my phone number is xxxx Thank you!" I'm pretty sure thats how it sounded but even that sounds better than how I felt leaving the message. So, now I'm nerveous lol are they even going to call me back if the messages really was that bad?

yourmarkgirl

Asked by yourmarkgirl at 11:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• yes it will be fine. hate leaving messages too. They will call back regardless of the msg.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Sounded fine. Before you talk to someone again make sure you think through what you will say so you will be more relaxed. If you find yourself being nervous STAND UP straight because your voice will be more confident when you are standing.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• LOL I know exactly how you feel, I always try to rehearse what I am going to say before I call back but it seems to me that the beep at the end of there outgoing message seems to trigger something in my brain that i become semi-retarded and all of a sudden can barely remember my name. I can't tell you the number of times I have gone over the alloted time and had to use the option to re-record, Or finished the message and hung up yelling at the phone " WHY DID I SAY IT LIKE THAT" ugh, Then I sit by the phone going they are never gonna call me back I am an idiot, or atleast I sounded like one, I do the same thing when they call me and I answer, I have a tendancy to forget the answer to every question they ask me.... I hope they call you back lol ...
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I hate to talk on the phone....I stutter and its worse on the phone, so i sound like an idiot...lots of umms, and ahhhh.. It helps me when i get nervous and my speech is acting up I stand up and walk slowly around the living room, it gets your mind off of the reason why your nervous..
    Before answering the phone take a deep breath then exhale then answer.

Just remember when they call back.....They want you, they liked your app..they called because they want you to be apart of their team, so relax.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 11:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I always seem to stumble when it comes to leaving a recorded message! Just human nature...I wouldn't worry about it :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Sounds fine to me, many of my spur of the moment messages sound ALOT like that too! You're fine- and if they called you in the first place I am sure they will call back! I have tried first writing out my call back messages and then just reading them as I leave the message. Of course I read them over a few times so that I develop that natural flow of words as though I am just speaking (don't want it to sound robotic you know!..lol)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's not like you were like: "Uh, yea.. someone called me... it might be fer my application but i dunno. Call me." I think you're over reacting because you're nervous. It'll be okay!!
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009