what store to you buy bras for your tweens or teens ?

yesterday i caught my 10 year old daughter layla going through my bra drawer we have a rule were they are not allowed in our room with out permission my daughter was pulling out my bras and was playing with them i asked her why was she in my room and why wa she going through my stuff... she said i dont know and dislike when my kids say that because thats no an answer i told her you go in your room and figure out why you did this and we ewill discuss this later... she is 10 and is developing but i dont think its appropiate 4 her to have a bra from victorias secret ... i bought her some bras from target and limited too and she is grounded for three days ... were do you get bras for your teens or tweens ?

mom2b23869

Asked by mom2b23869 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• You can buy training bras at walmart

Answer by louise2 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have gone to kohls. Candies and Mudd make have some fun modern prints... makes a girl want to wear them, but they are a bit above training size.
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 11:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Don't have a girl, but my niece has them from Walmart and Target and she skipped the training bras. When I asked her about the "real bra" she said, "Aunt Janet, tweens don't wear training bras." Well, ok then. LOL!!!! I have gotten really cute bras at Walmart and they have alot that would be appropriate for tweens/young adults. I would NOT buy bras at Victoria's Secrets though, that is way to expensive, I don't even by my bras there and I am 37.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I got my DDs at Kmart or similar stores. I couldn't believe they had padded training bras (or ones already shaped), which I did not and will not buy. My hardest thing was finding plain old white...since my DD is not into "girlie", frilly things. A couple of hers are mini-tank style which she can even where to bed w/ a pair of shorts as it gets hotter.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Limited Too is where I bought my daughter's. Why is she grounded btw? Because she was in your room? All girls are curious about there mother's things. It is the biggest form of flattery. I remember going through my mom's jewelry boxes, playing with her makeup and hairbrushes on her vanity. My daughter is always raiding my closet. Maybe you should lock up what you don't want her to see. Sorry we just have an open door policy in our house. I would be more concerned that she didn't feel comfortable coming to you directly when she wanted a bra.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 5:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's fine to buy their bras at a reasonable price. I'd be wary of making too big of a deal about this, or she might not feel comfortable talking to you about anything from bras to boys to the multitude of things they are getting ready to experience.
    Was she destroying your property? Curiosity killed the cat, but at my house, I have an open door policy - they can ask anything, anytime - unless the door is locked. :)
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 6:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• So, she was going through your stuff out of curiosity.... she was interested in your bras. You are right, though, that doesn't mean she needs sexy expensive bras from Victoria's Secret. Does she talk about it a lot or was this an isolated incident? Does she complain about the bras she has? Does she have questions about bras and her developing body? I think it is fine to ground her if she violated a household policy about going through your stuff, but you can also use this as an opportunity to talk about this stuff!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Kmart, khols, target wallmart and justice.
    Teppy0805

Answer by Teppy0805 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010