Would anyone ever buy store brand formula?

it just seems kinda funny to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because it is the same thing at half the cost. Do some comparison and you could save some money. Usually they are made my the same company as name brands.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I buy Kirkland Brand (Costco's generic). It is almost identical to Enfamil, it mixes better than Similac and Enfamil and my daughter likes it better. It is less than half the cost.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i did wiht my son
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I've never bought store brand formula, but theres nothing wrong with buying store brand items..most times it has the same exact ingredients..I'd say it is just as good as name brand formula..and lots cheaper!
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I use parents choice from Walmart. It's only 12 bucks and almost identical to Nestles' Good Start that costs 27 dollars. I don't think it's kinda funny at all that people save money. With the economy going the way it is maybe you should consider switching to store brand and saving the extra cash for emergencies or holidays with the family. I don't think I know anyone now a days who doesn't buy generic formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I use parents choice from walmart, same as the enfamil and other brands....just half the price..
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 11:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree with Angie409. With my son, I spent almost a year spending my precious earnings on Enfamil with Lipil (sooooo expensive - and he was also breastfed! Can't imagine how poor we would be if he was exclusively formula-fed!) I remember thinking - the more expensive it is, the more healthy it will be for my sweet boy - WRONG!! Don't buy into that mentality! Some of the generic brands are just as good. Anyway, toward the end of his first year, we began testing out the Kirkland brand. He thoroughly enjoyed it and acted like there was no difference. His poop was fine, he held it down fine, and he's super healthy to this day. Now I am 38 weeks pregnant and plan to have a can of Kirkland around for back up in case nursing doesn't go 100% again.
    jakesmom2233

Answer by jakesmom2233 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I figure, for just one year of life, I can afford the name brand. generics are known to be of slightly less quality. Doesn't mean they are, just a stignma. I skimped elsewhere on clothing, toys, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Sure. We loved Kirkland formula.
    Would you buy the store brand canned peaches or do you stick with Del Monte? Store brand ice cream or only Dreyers?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• if your child adjust and the formula is working well! Why not
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 12:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009