Should Obama, McCain, Dodd Return Contributions From AIG Employees?

AIG executives gave more than $630,000 during the 2008 political cycle even as the company was falling apart
More than $120,000 of that money was donated after AIG received its first $85 billion in federal bailout funds in September, included more than $23,000 to Obama's campaign.
Both Obama and McCain received larger sums from AIG earlier in the year. Obama collected a total of $130,000 from AIG in 2008, while McCain accepted a total of $59,499.

So, do you think they shouhld return the money as a symbol of responsibility, accountability, and how about just plain decency?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=7110145&page=1

Dodd claims he will pay back any (rec up to $103,000 )post bailout money, but what about Obama and McCain?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29760771/

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I do
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think that the money that has been given as bonuses should be returned.

I mean, come on, what's the purpose of a bonus? Why are people getting bonuses for running a business into the ground? I can't believe those people actually took it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Ummmmm.....YEAH!!!! Plus 90% interest!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think they should.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ROFL! Awesome Lorikeet.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Don't those people have the right to contribute to political campaigns?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Did the money actually come from the AIG coffers or from people that just happen to work there? That would be the first thing I want to know. If it is from the coffers, then by all means it should be given back. If it is just people that happen to work there, then no. They have the right to contribute to a campaign of their choice. Much like everyday people did for Obama to get him all them millions he had to campaign with.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree foreverb3.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Wishful thinking but it wont happen.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• A majority came from Executives. The same execs who received more than $100,000 in bonuses at times AFTER the bailout compliments of the DODD AMMENDMENT. I think as a gesture of decency they should give it back to AIG in hopes to give it bak to tax payers. The amount is minimal in comparison to the amount borrowed, but it is the principle behind the entire ordeal. jmo
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009