would you repost this person to "wic"?

I know a young woman who just had a baby. She lives with her boyfriend who happens to have 6 grocery stores between him and his dad.
I have seen her use her wic vouchers at her bf's grocery store. Which means he gets reimbursed for this food and formula. It's a scam!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Umm, who cares as long as she has done the appropriate paper work and was approved-it isn't a scam.
    Dumb question!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am one of the people that thinks people should tend to their own business mainly because we never know what the future holds and what kinds of situations we will be put into. Would you really want someone to be concerned about this if it was you??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• And, what would you say if you reported her? Who cares that HIS family owns the store. There is nothing against it.

Anonymous

• Let Karma deal with them and don't worry about it..their is tons of abuse on the system...don't get me started LOL
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would report her! If I found myself in this situation, I certainly wouldn't trying scamming the government for some free milk, cheese and cereal! Shew may technically be doing something legal, but purposely omitting the fact that she does have financial support is being greedy. Then again, I have too much pride to take something that doesn't belong to me....damn morals and ethics!
    Anonymous

• Yeah I'm one of the few left that has morals and ethics
    Anonymous

• She's supposed to report income of anyone living in her household, so if she reported his income and they still qualified, then she isn't doing anything illegal. Average income requirements for a household of 3 is $2714. So, if combined they make less than that per month, then she does qualify and can use the checks at any grocery store that accepts WIC.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Gee, what are the chances that she didn't include her boyfriend as living in her household? Even if he is living there, he may not be on the lease, get his mail delivered there, etc. There are a number of ways you can be living in a household, yet continue to fly under the radar! This is what I suspect. But it's not my job to determine this, it is the role of the welfare office to conduct a little investigation (spot check at 2AM) to see who's sleeping in who's bed!
    Anonymous

• WIC isn't like Welfare.. they are donations.. and there isn't much you can report or do dealing with the abuse of the program.. however. if you report her.. you are going to loose your friend 1. And really there is little to report, since there is nothing in the program that says she can't do just what she is doing. Sorry. But according to WIC this isn't abuse. SO you really won't get anywhere with this case.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• XXHAZELDOVEXX
    What are you talking about? WIC=DONATIONS??????
    Anonymous