• In the Spotlight:

Im 7 months pregnant, I eat healthy and exercise daily, and I've been gaining the proper weight, not over nor under, but I see myself gaining weight in my face, my arms and my butt. Is that normal?

I'd appreciate serious answers. Not the ones I recieved.

Thank you for the helpful ones.

Ashleigh_17

Asked by Ashleigh_17 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It's swelling. Normal in late pregnancy.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Water, water, water! You are retaining water. It's normal. Drinking more water might help. I have also heard that gaining weight in the face means it's a girl!!!!
    mama-in-love

Answer by mama-in-love at 11:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes, it's called pregnancy! Our bodies do some weird stuff lol. It's all part of the package. My feet spread, was really weird. I have/had narrow feet, but they spread.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Totally normal hun.... When I was preggers people said my nose even looked it, lol
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes, at the end even my toes looked pregnant =) Seems your entire body is affected not just your belly. Wait until a few months after your baby is born and you look back at the pics that were take in the hospital, you won't believe how fat your face looks!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Its water retention and your body is also making more blood. Have you noticed that your veins pop out more and more? Thats why! Its common and frustrating, but after about a week post partum, you'll start to see yourself shrink down all on its own! Its almost a good thing because people are so amazed how much weight you lose after you have a baby and you don't have to do a thing*grin* Hope that helps!
    klotztheatre

Answer by klotztheatre at 12:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree with the pp's, it is normal to retain water and swell in pregnancy.
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• that s very very normal,right after you give birth you will start getting the swellig off
    and in the first 2 month you will loose the 30 pounds that are fluids baby water...so i wont worry
    you are doing fine
    i have gained so much that i was 160 pounds for my small frame because i didnot exercise and i eat everything,it took me 7 month to go back to my old self
    but for you,i give you one month after birth and you ll look great like you never had kids
    be proud
    asmaalolita

Answer by asmaalolita at 5:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009