Wearing a belly band to shrink post-partum belly??

Hello - I have heard that many women are able to shrink their post-partum bellies much faster if they wear a belly band for a month or so after delivery to tighten up all the loose stuff. Anyone agree? If so, any specific brand you would suggest? Thank you kindly :)

jakesmom2233

Asked by jakesmom2233 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Actually those bands are made more for moms that had a c section. I wore mine for a month and it helped with pain and support. It doesn't shrink your belly. The only way to shrink your belly is to cut back on what you eat and exercise. If you are looking for "support" then try the ones they sell at babies r us.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't know about belly bands, but they sound like girdles, and girdles hold it in while being worn but don't do anything about actually shrinking the area. Losing pregnancy related tissue and fluids, losing weight to lose fat, and exercise to tone up, will work. Just as wearing plastic wrap on the body will not cause weight loss or toning, other than fluid loss, wearing a girdle will not tone or shrink muscles. Wearing a support will actually weaken the muscles since they don't have to work against gravity.

Answer by Bmat at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• maybe its like back in the day when they had u wear those dresses with the things under it. I forget what they was called and they was all skinny and I think was made to make them skinny
    Anonymous