What can a 9 month old eat?

Kind of whole foods?

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 11:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 9 month old eats, gerber puffs, gerber thingys like cheetos but made by gerber, also the gerber toddler foods, raviolis are his fav, Noodles, alfredo and cheece noodles like mac n cheese. Small chucks of cheese, skined and sliced grapes, small chuncks of soft fruit and veggies, Crackers. Peas, corn, carrots all the veggies froma can.

Rule: if you can mash it between your fingers they can mash it with their gums.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 12:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I feed our now 11 mo old just about everything we eat. He doesn't have any teeth yet, but he gums soft foods very well. If the food is soft enough for him to break up on his own, I just cut it into small pieces (about the size of a pea). If the food is harder or tougher to mush with his gums (meat, some fruit) then I use either the handgrinder, our magic bullet or a handheld blender to to puree it. Our son doesn't eat the food if it is too smooth, he likes textures. I do stay away from anything acidic (except spaghetti sauce) because it burns his little bottom when he goes potty (both 1 & 2)
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Fruit and veggie chunks or slices, shredded beef or chicken, yogurt, cheese, crackers, gerber puffs, cheerios, pasta, breads, casseroles
    Anonymous

• My DD had one tooth at nine months and beside's puree's she would eat the baby cookies and mummum's. Puffs and soft cooked veggies. Cheese and cottage cheese and toasted bread. As long as your baby is starting to chew try it out. Also try making some of your own food for the baby and make it a lumpier consistancy.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my 9 mo old eats what we do
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009