Have u every been so happy to do something for u and hubby and he told u No u did that for urself?

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 12:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Not in my current relationship but yes, I've had other people say that to me. Makes you feel like crap. Bottom line is even if it is something you are doing directly for yourself (mine was college education) it benefits him and your family.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• well, you being happy is good for him, too. doesn't he realize that?
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• NO, but I've had ex-boyfriends act like that.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 12:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think guys think it only counts as 'doing it for them' if it is a sacrifice and doesn't make us happy, too. If it makes US happy, they think we didn't it for US and not them they don;t get that it can be both.
    Anonymous

• then perhaps there could be better communication on what each thinks is important to the relationship. Take this as an opportunity for dialogue to not let that happen again.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009