How Long did it take you to lose 15 lbs. and what did you do to lose it?

I have a 10 month old and I have been trying to get that weight off for well 10 months*grin* I have been on Weight watchers for about 3 months and I have gone from 177lbs. to 162lbs. I would like to get down to 150 and eventually down to 135-140lbs. But if I lose 15lbs. by summer I would be elated! So how did you do it? I exercise by walking (I have a few disc problems so I do have to be careful, like no elipticals) But what are some tried and true ways of shedding the weight. I am good at keeping it off. Thanks!

klotztheatre

Asked by klotztheatre at 12:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat a big breakfast, med lunch and salad or steam veggies for dinner. Drink lots of water to keep you full and don't eat after 8pm. Sleep and exercise help you burn the baby weight. Try to do both when you can. I also have back problems and I've started doing yoga with my 2month old. They have it on cd. Great way to lose weight, stretch so you don't hurt yourself and spend time with your baby and work on them. Keeps mine from being constipated and gassy. Good luck!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I lost 10 pounds just by simply cutting out snacking and pop.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Hi, I started dieting first of february and have lost 15lbs as of today. I just watched my calories and also cut out the snacks. I used a website www.caloriecounter.about.com. It helped me not only keep track of my calorie intake but also made sure i was still getting enough nutrition. Cafemom may have something like that, I am new to here. I also started walking alot. I started slow not to wear myself out. Thirty minutes a few days a week. Now i walk every day for 45 min to an hour. And do some pilates for toning. I hope this helps. I have heard that the last 15 lbs is the hardest to lose. Good Luck!
    JennyJenny529

Answer by JennyJenny529 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i went from 160 to 110 pounds ,i am a 5`2``,so what i did after i had my baby,is that i waited 2 month to heal and relax,once my baby was 3 month and started sleeping the whole night,i started the gym,that would be running the treadmill for 30 min,then 100 crunches,to lose weight first,then when i lost the weight i started doing some weight lifting to tone up...i eat breakfast: fiber cereals with fat free organic milk,and a fruit or yogurt..,then i stop eating until 5 pm or 6 pm ,then i eat a rich vegie and meat meal +eather a fruit or yogurt...then i don t eat nothing until the next day.and i have lost so much weight that my husband thinks i should stop loosing weight so i don t lose my sexy butt lol
    also i have to tell you that i help cut my apetite with diet pills ,i also take the baby for a 30 min walk in the after noon ,and at night i do some roller skating
    i look fabulous
    asmaalolita

Answer by asmaalolita at 3:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It took me 6 weeks to lose 15 lbs. I began counting calories - my range is 1400 to 1700 calories a day. I burn about 350 calories a day doing cardio and I do strength training 3 times a week. It took me 10 weeks to lose 20 lbs.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i eat 1000 cals a day and work out 4-5 times a week, i'm a size2!!!!! it took 6 mnths for me
    Anonymous

• Thank you these are great tips!!!
    klotztheatre

Answer by klotztheatre at 10:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009