how do i potty train a 2 year old boy?

potty training boys

mommy_0406

Asked by mommy_0406 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• JUST TAKE HIS NAPPY OFF AND PUT BIG BOY PANTS ON HIM AND KEEP REMINDING HIM THAT HE NEEDS TO GO POTTY AND PUT A PULL UP ON HIM WHEN U GO OUT BUT TAKE HIM TO THE TOILETS SO HE STILL GETS THE MESSAGE. IM DOIN MY 3 YR OD AT THE MOMONT AD IT"S WORKIN
    vic245

Answer by vic245 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2008

• My son is two and has been in his (Elmo) underwear since he was 19 months. I noticed that he wasn't wetting his diaper at all. I started to put him on the potty every hour or so myself, he would go everytime. He had a potty but that lasted for maybe a week. I got him a step and helped him get on the toilet until he started doing it himself. Now he is 26 months old. He goes by himself. Now if I am about to go somewhere, I ask him to go or if he hasn't gone in a while I'll ask him to go. He gives me a high-five. We were in WalMart and he started crying for some Elmo underwear. Figure out what he is interested in try new thing, and be creative. Each child is different. People told me that boys were harder then girls to potty train, but to be honest, it was about the same, my daughter was 18 months when we did away from diapers all together except for at night time.
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 3:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2008