How can I get me and dh out of going to sd wedding?

My sd is already married but having a ceremony anyway this summer. She has treated me badly since day 1. How can I get out of going when my dh is dead set I accompany him? Additionally, I dont want him to go alone because his 2 exwifes will be there. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• If your DH has passed on and you don't want to go just kindly decline.

Anonymous

• OP said "dead set"...as in has made his mind up and refuses to change it.

She didn't say he was DEAD!!

That's where it pays to reread something before you reply!

OP, to answer your question, go, but stay in the background where you can watch things. That's what I would do. That way nothing will escape your attention if trouble starts.
    Anonymous

• LOL, she's not saying he's dead...that made me laugh.

You have to suck it up and go, of course DH is going to want to go to his daughters wedding. Just go. Buy a new dress, look awesome and put on a smile and head to the bar.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Your husband wants to go to his daughter's wedding ceremony and wants you, his wife, to go with him.

Stop being selfish and just go! buy a new dress and be the kindest lady there!
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• That's his DAUGHTER, and I think it is absolutely horrible that you would even suggest that he not attend her Wedding Celebration. If you don't want to go that is completely on you but, it is not your place to get in the way of his relationship with his duaghter which you are most certainly doing. Either go if you are too insecure to send him off knowing that his x's will be there or don't go, his attendance should not be your corncern. I am a Step Mom, and women who behave as you do give as all a bad name.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 11:25. That is horrible that you would even ask this question. The SD come before YOU do. If you want to stay home and pout go for it. But do not even ask her FATHER to do the same.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• When you married a man with children, you committed to being the wife of a man with children. Guess what? Now you have to honor that commitment. Suck it up and go. And be nice.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• YOu should go to support your husband and put everything else a side for the day. Wether she likes you or not she is your husbands child. I'm sure he is very proud of her and even though I can understand your feelings I still think you should go for him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Those are great reasons I WOULD go!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Why would you not want your husband to have a good relationship with his daughter? You are the adult, suck it up, attend the wedding, and pretend to be happy about it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009