For those who had bday cakes made at a bakery

I have about a month to get ideas together for my son's first bday! If I end up not making my own cakes I might get them done professionally at a supermarket bakery, Like Publix, Winn-Dixie or Walmart. If anyone recenly had this done, do you remember the price estimate? did they make a free small cake for the baby?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Walmart does give you a free small cake for the baby's 1st birthday when you order a sheet cake.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the size and what you are getting. Could range from 20-30.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh yes, most places will give you a free smash cake.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The bakery near us is family owned. We got a 9 inch round cake with a My Little Pony theme for $26 with a free smash cake. Make sure where ever you go you mention it is a first birthday. Most places will give the smash cake for free.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Well in the past I have had cakes made at Price Chopper. And I thought they were pretty good. a 1/4 sheet cake was $15.99 and you can choose from an array of designs or bring in a photograph and they can print it on the cake. I say go for it!
    MommyRuby2008

Answer by MommyRuby2008 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• walmart and publix give you a free small cake when you order a cake for your baby's 1st bday. they are reasonably priced about $25
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009