what do you think

ok here is my problem me and my husbend has a son with his ex wife and i told him that we have been together for almost a year and that i want to start trying to have one of my own but he will not here of it and i have tryed to get him to tell me why and comes up with the fact that he has one all ready and that we are in school so we do not have time for anouther baby and he knows my feelings but he will not here of it so he dos what ever can and now that his ex has put me under so much stress i have no clue if i should even try now or not so is there any way that i can tell him how i feel he thinks that just because his ex got pregnet out side of the marrege that i want a baby so that i can trap him and i have tryed to get to understand the way things work in my family but he will not hear it can and when he dos say that we can talk about it he jsuts pretends like he is hearing me but i know that he is not and i just get mad

newmom461

Asked by newmom461 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• How do you think it's going to make his other child feel when you guys create a little family of your own? That child deserves to be the center of his parents' universe. If you want a baby, I suggest you find a man who wants to have kids with you instead of forcing your husband into something he does not want and adding more chaos into this little boy's life. Maybe this is something you should have discussed before marriage. He should still be married to his ex-wife giving that little boy a stable home.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Hmmmmm.... If he truly feels that way, then I'm afraid you will neve be able to have a child by him..... It might be time to sit him down and make sure that, that is the case... If so you might want to rethink what you want in life and what you can't live without. Can you live without him, or can you not live without having a child of your own.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Sounds to me like he just doesn't want another baby. Theres not much you can do about that. If he doesn't want one then he doesn't want one.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If I'm understanding this correctly...you want a baby, hubby does not because he already has one and you are in school?
    Ok, if you are both in school, having a baby right now is not really a smart decision. You want to finish school and become stable in the career of your choosing. After that time, then, it would be smarter to try to have a baby. You both will be stable in your career as well as more stable financially.

I don't really understand the part about "how things work in my family". What does that have to do with anything?
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 12:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I just looked at your profile and from what I can tell, you have three kids one of which is not yours.... so im a bit confused about your ? now..... and it looks as if you might be pregnant or just had a baby... so what is the deal?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Wait, you say he might think you are trying to trap him? You said he's your husband, so what do you mean by that? Having children is something people need to discuss before marriage. You're probably not going to change his mind just as though he's not going to change yours.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 2:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would suggest that you finish your education and then begin a family. He may tell you this because of financial reasons...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I took a quick look at your profile. It says that you have three children and your background says "I'm pregnant." It seems as though you are making up stories either here or there.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 2:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009