Has anyone had weavels?

I dont know if they are weavels, anyway.. .they are black and brown and I found some in my flour... GROSS!!! How do I get rid of them and what do I have to do?

jen_wikstrom

Asked by jen_wikstrom at 12:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You either toss you flour or sift them out. Frankly, I sift them out because I can't afford to throw away food.
    Anonymous

• Toss them. Even if you sift them out, which is what our foremothers did, you don't know whether there will be eggs or droppings left. When I had them I threw out almost every boxed mix or dry goods in my pantry. The few I kept were recent purchases, and I open the box and removed the inner package and examined the package and the inside and inside bottom of the box to make sure they weren't contaminated. After that I stocked fewer dry goods- flour, cake mix, pasta etc, and was careful to discard any that were as much as a year old. While I had the pantry emptied I also wiped down the shelves and then sprayed with a food safe insecticide in case I missed some eggs.

Answer by Bmat at 12:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i do not keep my flour, cake mix, or pasta in pantries.. it all goes in the fridge.
    Anonymous

• I keep all flour based products in the fridge---Please do this and don't use bug infested food
    joanne580

Answer by joanne580 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• BAY LEAVES! BAY LEAVES KILL THOSE SUCKERS. Put Bay leaves in the bottom of your pantry, in your flour bags, sugar, etc. It wont change the flavor or anything, but it kills them.
    My grandmother told me about this about a week ago.
    Hope this helps! Elle
    Lakemom22

Answer by Lakemom22 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Thanks everyone!
    jen_wikstrom

Answer by jen_wikstrom at 11:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2009