can i have...

can i have a bologna sandwich when I am pregnant? someone told me cold meat like that i should make sure its warmed to a cretin degree for it carries something that u can get when ur pregnant

josalin

Asked by josalin at 12:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you have to heat it up ... I think for at least a minute.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• errr yuck ok ill just not eat it lol! thanks
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You can have cold lunch meat once in awhile, but don't make a regular habit of it. I enver realized how much lunch meat I ate until I couldn't have it when I was preggo.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• listeria effects a very small portion of the population. You don't have to eat the meat warm, just steam it and put it in the freezer to get it cold again, if you are really worried about it. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• but isnt it already cooked?
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i eat lunch meat all the time without heating it up. u should be fine
    Anonymous

• some deli meats aren't, that is the fear. Most lunch meat, from packages may be. I don't know. I eat turkey sandwiches without warming them up as well. I just said if you were worried about it, then warm it up.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009