FIBROMYALGIA

HI EVERYONE,
I WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH FIBROMYALGIA AND DIDNT BELEIVE THE DOCTORS RESULTS SO I WENT TO ANOTHER DOC AND HE DIAGNOSED ME WITH THE SAME THING. I DIDNT EVEN TELL THE DOC ABOUT MY LAST APPOINTMENT SO THAT IF HE FOUND SOMETHING HE WOULD FIND IT ON HIS OWN. I HAVE TO SAY ITS A VERY PAINFUL AND HARD THING TO DEAL WITH! I AM HAVING A HARD TIME BECAUSE THE MAN THAT I AM WITH I FEEL REALLY DOESNT UNDERSTAND AND HE WONT TRY. THIS HURTS ME BAD!!! DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE IT? CAN YOU OFFER ME ANY ADVICE? I FEEL SO ALONE IN THIS! IM NOT SURE I AM DEALING WITH ALL THAT WELL EITHER. I HAVENT FELT LIKE MY NORMAL SELF IN A LONG TIME AND NOW KNOWING THAT I PROBABLY WONT EVER AGAIN IN MAKING THIS UNBEARABLE. PLEASE HELP!

tripletmomntwo

Asked by tripletmomntwo at 12:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• I have artheritis and My aunt swears I have fibro as she does too. What I find hard is that people think that because I appear able bodied that I should be able to take on the world or something,lol
    what they don't see is the pain and discomfort. I have tried different meds and hate them all plus I have no insurence. I told my kids and hubby I'm seeing why people want pot to be legal for medical reasons..because I'm ready to get into that habit!! pm me if you would like someone to talk to. I wouldn't mind having someone who understands how it feels
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My mom has it and they put her on an anti-depressant. Some days she is good and others are bad. Make sure to take time for yourself even if your husband doesn't understand.
    jennjune1984

Answer by jennjune1984 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• PM me... I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 15... I don't have the time at the moment to type out a huge answer so please PM me so I don't forget about you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i live in ohio and i went to canton,ohio to see a doc who specializes in fibro cuz he has it too. look for a doc like that- theres supplements,ways to exercise , ways to modify your diet and of course meds-anti inflamatories,aleve,meditating,and positive people out there. I am 47 now.I hope that all helps you.Let me know if i can answer any thing you might want to know about
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• oh yeah i take an antidepressant but i dont reccomend it unless maybe u r starting to go through the change-i dont like it cuz i get fat
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009