Has anyone of you?

Has anyone here got induced on purpose? I mean I have no one close here to watch my kids when I go in to labor. Do you think my doctor would let me have a planed pregnancy so my mom can be here? She lives more then 3 hrs away! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's selfish and irresponsible.

I was induced, for a medical reason, and would never ever choose for it to happen. I don't have family near me either, but oh well. That comes with the territory. I wouldn't induce, the risks are too great.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would think you could... IDK though. Most cases I have heard of this, the woman was "overdue". Sure couldn't hurt to talk to the doc about it.
    But, my guess is that your mom could get there anyway, if you just call her when you go into labor. It usually lasts awhile...
    My folks and siblings lived 6 hours away. I was 10 days early, my hubby called them an hour after I went into labor (it was a 9 hour labor). They all live a ways apart from one another, but they managed to group together, pick up grandma, and hit the road, and they were in the waiting room to hear my daughter's first cry!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I had a friend who was induced because her DH was deploying a few days later. Your mom is only three hours away, you're lucky. My mom had to come sixteen hours and I wasn't induced but it was my first child. I'd talk to your doctor about it.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Ah, I didn't catch the last part. Don't you have any friend? Someone you trust? To watch your kids til your folks arrive?
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think the above post was rude and uncalled for. If your 37 weeks or over then it's ok. If you go to babygaga.com and click on pregnancy tickers, and then put in ur due date or even one that will say 38 weeks it will say something like, I'm ready to come out and some other things on it. The baby is over 6lbs. I don't see why u would have no friends, husband or mom or dad close by.
    Anonymous

• CONTINUED:: the first post anyways was rude
    Anonymous

• I was induced. I didn't plan it but I didnt have any medical reasons for it either. It depends on your dr. Some dr.s will let you plan it, others wont induce unless its absolutely medically necessary. You can always ask, at the worst he'll just say no.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i had a planed induction. it was decided 4 days before my due date because my dr knew my daughter was going to be late and she was big already and didnt want anything to happen to either of us. so i went in 2 days after my due date to start the cervadil and patossin and had her two days later.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have already told my ob that if I do not have my child on the due date I will be getting induced. They asked why. I told them i had my wedding planned for over a year. The date is set for August. The baby's due date is August 8. They said ok.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 1:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My due date is march 27th
    My parents are going to be in town on the 26th-april 6th and i do want them to see our baby. They are from rhode island and i live in florida now . i understand the feel of wanting family here and support etc but like ive been told its really up to how the doc feels bout ure pregnancy. my doc said she doesnt want to wait too long cuz im so small down below and there may be some complications for me so she wants to induce me April 1. and for some reason im more nervous about that :)

~ Keri
    angelkcm2

Answer by angelkcm2 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009