Tanning?

Do any of you go tanning in a tanning bed? Do you think its worth it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do and yes! I am making sure I look fabulous for DH when he comes home.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• No, not my thing. I am pretty fair and am fine with it. I only get one face in life and I don't want it to be all dried out and wrinkly when I am 40. JMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I do and it's totally worth it. I'm getting a little color and it's fading my stretch marks
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Well, I tanned for about twenty years. I do have some damage to my upper chest area.
    Anonymous

• I wish I could tan. I'm a very white redhead so if I even tried i'd come out looking like a lobster. I can't even be out in the sun longer than 10 minutes without burning. It happened the other day I was outside playing with my son with sandals on and my toes started burning from being in the sun. :(
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 12:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes and yes. And I know I've done a lot of damage to my skin both from baking in the sun in baby oil when I was younger and from tanning beds. But I still do it. I hate the way I look when I'm pale.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It looks great when you're young, but your skin looks somewhat damaged when you're older. I say do it but not on a regular basis. Maybe just enough to get some color.
    I love the tanning bed, but I only go right before and during the summer.
    Anonymous

• I don't go tanning, nor do I tan naturally. I wear sunscreen if I am going to be out in the sun very long. My family has a history of skin cancer (and even without family history, tanning can cause skin cancer). Also, I see first hand what the sun damage has done to my older relatives, they get spots on their skin, their skin is leathery looking and just looks unnatural. I am all about tanning lotions though!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have one at home, and I dont lay in it that often, ususally just eough to get a good base tan, then in the summer I go outside and stay in the sun to keep a good tan. I love tanning, but I was addicted to the tanning bed (seriously) lol and I made myself stop laying so much because I want to take better care of my skin
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i used to lay in the tanning bed.. but now that i have my daughter i couldnt imagine bringing her with me trying to tan. so on the weekends when my husband is home ill lay in the yard and he plays with the baby.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009