Anyone with a schoolage boy named Jude?

My dad thinks that he would be made fun of mercilessly with a name like Jude. My DH and I disagree. Also, this coming from the man who nicknamed me Nikki... lol. Can you IMAGINE the rhymes kids came up with for me?! ;)

Just wondering if anyone out there has the name or has a school aged child with the name. Most of our close friends and family love the name, but I just wanted to put my feelers out there.....

Not only do DH and I love the name, but we love the fact that it's a Beatles song also. They played a big part in our early relationship... My 16 yo SIL thinks that he'd grow up to hate The Beatles and also has informed us that since she hates the name so much, she would refuse to call him that...

We haven't found a name we love as much as Jude... HELP!

nikkib333

Asked by nikkib333 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think if they want to, kids can find a way to tease no matter what you name your child. :) Name your son what sounds right to you and DH. Your family will get over it.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Nope, but I knew a guy in High School named Jude. He's bad ass! He was such a jock! He was my HS crush's uncle. I think Jude is a strong name. I don't know why everyone thinks they're a psychic, they don't know what will happen to the kid in the future...
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I can't think of one funny rude nickname for Jude...maybe I need to drink my coffee then think about it :), but I think the name is cute. My family didn't really like the name I picked, but it grew on them...I think you should go for it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• depends on your last name.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Beatles fan too - I like the name
    Anonymous

• what about Jude Law... He's a hottie!
    plus I would say wait till you meet him then you'll know
    also depends how the name sound in full, any ideas for a middle name?
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2009