So... is this too many MnM's?

I'm potty trainin my son and as a reward he will get a stickeror 2 mnm's every time he goes in the potty.... which only really equals about 4 times a day. He doesn't go in the potty everytime and he doesnt poop in the potty. Anyways, I got this idea from Jon and Kate plus 8 but they only give 1 mnm for pee and 2 for poop.

So, do you think 2 candies, 4 times a day is too many? 8 mnms a day for a 2 1/2 yr old.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no BUT the problem you run into when you give candy- is sometimes when they go potty, they will only pee a little and wait and go again in a few minutes so they get more candy.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'd watch it. I tried that with my 1st and he had the chits after doing it so many days lol.
    Anonymous

• We stuck to stickers....he received one for peeing and two for pooping but he had to be clean and dry when he went into the bathroom.

He has a paper on the fridge he would stick them on until the paper was filled, then he got a new paper.

I'm personally just not crazy about using food as a reward for anything.....but that's me...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• They did with my son without my knowledge at daycare. He would go a little, then wait a while, then go again. It totaled something like 10 times in a 9 hour day. It wasn't until the provider told me about him maybe having a bladder infection because of frequent urination that I realized something was up. We did stickers, and I sent stickers to the daycare with the explanation of them. But she said that in her experience candy was more effective. I don't like food as a reward either. Occasionally, we will do desert as a treat, but not for a reward for anything. I am not sure why I don't like it, but for me, it doesn't seem to work. However, if it works for you, 8 m&ms during the day isn't a big deal. If you are concerned, get the mini m&ms. They come in tubes instead of bags. Then he can get as many, and he may think they are cool since they are in a little colorful tube.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• As many as before without you worrying, not as many as he wants. I didn't specify there, sorry.
    Mom1Stepmom1