Does the Mattress Make the Difference??

When my daughter was born, I went out and bought a cheap crib mattress for her, I started noticing from the say I brought her home that she was constantly uncomfortable, she would wiggle and whine and stretch when I would lay her down, I was so terribly concerned that something was wrong I asked several doctors, they said it was normal. Well she is 20 months old now, She has never slept soundly through the night, She doesn't wake up all the way, but tosses and will wake up and cry and then fall back to sleep. I recently bought a new crib for the new baby on the way, and it came with a very expensive mattress, For the first time in 20 months My daughter slept soundly all night, Has done it now for 2 weeks. Now I am afraid that if I don't buy an expensive mattress for the second baby I am going to encounter the same problem. Does the mattress make a difference? Or was it just coincedence?

Mommyxtwo777

Asked by Mommyxtwo777 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In my opinion it probably didnt have much to do with the matress being to cheap..When we shopped for that sorta stuff before my daughter was born we purchased the next to cheapest priced matress that Wal-Mart had..it was like 50-70 dollars. She's 20 months old now and still using the same matress. We never had a problem with her sleeping on it when she was an infant..and still no problems now. Maybe your daughter was just picky..it could happen, but I wouldnt go out and buy a super expensive matress for the 2nd baby..get a reasonably priced one and Im sure he/she will do just fine!
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh, I'm sure a cheap one could make a difference. I would spend the money on a new one for the new baby and get some better sleep. The one we got was a middle price range and was only $100
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009