I need ideas on cleaning my deep fryer!!!!

The grease is soooooooooooo thick in the fry basin and simply pre-soaking in hot soapy water (BEFORE i try to put it in the dishwasher) is not even touching it!!!! Anyone got any suggestions........
Also, what's the best way to clean the entire unit?

willsmomma4ever

Asked by willsmomma4ever at 1:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I set mine down in the sink.and spray it really good with grease lightening,it usually brings it off,but if I am not going to use it again for a couple of days,I empty the oil out,and clean it after each use.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i would turn it on and then when it all melts i would turn the deep fryer over an open jar that will take in all the grease or dump it over your trash can then when it's all drained out wipe the rest with paper towel then i would run steaming hot water over it. i don't think i would put it in the dish washer.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• What kind of deep fryer do you have? Does the pan come out or is it one whole unit? DH and I use to have a small round Fry Daddy fryer that I will NEVER buy again. It was awful to keep clean. We now have a Westinghouse fryer that has a removeable heating element and pan. I wash the heating element every time. We strain and filter the fry oil (good for 5 uses if filtering out all the pieces) after it cools. I then use a No-Scratch scrubby, Dawn dish soap (not the foaming kind), and hot water.

If you have layers of goo, get a pan scraper from the store and scrape the goo off the bottom. I recommend hand washing from here on out because the dish washers don't always do the job.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Use vinager to cut through that grease.. It works wonders...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009