Why I love Obama

Do you remember when Barack Obama stood up in front of the employees at Caterpillar and told them that if this stimulus bill was passed, they'd be able to re-hire many of those who were about to be laid off. The President added that he was confident that this 're-hiring' trend would catch on around the nation. Turns out he was a little ahead of himself because Caterpillar not only didn't re-hire but they had to lay off even more employees. Good thing we got that stimulus passed though!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29744048/

I know I know some how this is all Dubya fault isn't it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We just had a piece on the news last night about a group of employees who were laid off from Monaco 6 months ago. 6 months later, only two of them have jobs, and they were the two who started looking when the rumors started instead of waiting until the actual layoff was announced. The rest have tried everything (including McDonald's for you know it alls) and nothing.  I wonder whose ass he thought he'd pull those jobs out of?

In other news, Huckabee is coming to town, to ask people how it REALLY is in Elkhart.  I don't watch the guy, but I may have to tune in for this.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• So....you don't love Obama?
    Anonymous

• Ya doggone right it is!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh, I thought you were going to say you love him because he's hott.
    Anonymous

• My job was saved because of the stimlus. A government job was passed so it will get the company through a rough patch and by the time the work is over I think the economy will be headed back in the right direction.
    Anonymous

• Anon 1:21- you're a lucky worker than. Most people on the bubble of lay-offs will NOT have the same experience.

Obama has been about promises he can't fulfill from day one. He's a snake oil sales man. Too bad too many bought into the smoke and mirrors.
    Anonymous

• diamond can please expound on that thought?

Anonymous

• Don't blame me , I voted for McCain/Palin .Blame alot of the young people who voted,and did'nt really have a clue what was going on,well they wanted CHANGE,well they got it.I am in the unemployment line myself,after 15 yrs of service.
    Anonymous

• I know I know some how this is all Dubya fault isn't it?

Ya doggone right it is!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You love Obama? Me, too! lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009