• In the Spotlight:

How many sex offenders live near you?

I'm trying to see if my area is really bad compared to others. It seems like it is! If you go to http://www.familywatchdog.us/ and put in your zip code and state, then hit search, it will pop up with a map of all the registered sex offenders in your zip code. I have 172 in my zip code, most of them listed as crimes against children (you can tell if their crimes are against children or adults). What about your area?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ahh scary!! theres 17 in my area code (i live in a small town). 8 of them are child molesters and two are rapists.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 3:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• in my zipcode there are none..well none that have been caught anyway. I live in a town of 622 people. but my sister has 50 within 2 miles of her house and she lives across from a a huge park and beach. she's in a suburb of 50,000
    I think I'll stay in my small town
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I only know of one. He lives across the street! He had sex with a 16 YO girl. Needless to say DD is not allowed in the front yard. I can't wait to move!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 1:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I need to check my new addrs but where I used to live there was one in my building. DK until a co-worker that lived in the building told me. That scared the crap out of me. I had also found out he was gay, and I have a son, so that made me super nervous (SP?).
    Anonymous

• I just checked and there are 316 in my zip code
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 1:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• There are 7 offenders within a half mile of my house.
    and 159 in my town.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 3:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009