So I'm going to get my hair done today

cut/color/the works... and I've never gone to a hair salon and paid in cash, which I am today and I was wondering who I give the tip to. Do I just give it to the receptionist when I pay for the rest of the stuff and tell her "Here this is the tip" or do I give it to the hairdresser?

I've always just written the tip on a receipt lol, so I'm at a loss.

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We usually give it to the hairdresser personally.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 1:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The salon I go to, the entire thing is paid to the stylist. I always tip her directly. Before I went here, I went to another place where you paid a girl up front and I still tipped the stylist.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 1:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Sometimes the hairdresser is the one that rings you up, if not than yes the receptionist will make sure she gets it. If you really wanted to, you could go and hand it to the stylist but the last time I went I just left it (cash) with the receptionist.
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 1:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I always give it to the hairdresser
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Give it directly to the hairdresser, I would hate for it to get lost in the mix.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It depends on the salon. You can always tip your sylist directly, but usually they have envelopes at the reception desk to leave a tip for them in a sealed, labeled envelope! If the salon is very busy, that may be easier.
    cherlygirlie

Answer by cherlygirlie at 1:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• the hairdresser :)....what are you getting done?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i always give the tip directly to the hairdresser just so it doesnt get lost in the shuffle.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• YAY I got my hair done. I decided to just give it to the receptionist, thanks for all the answers ^-^
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009