When is the right time to have a second child?

I have a baby who is 1 year and 4 months old i kinda want another baby now so that they will be close in age and so i can get over with having one more kid but im not sure if i should wait until we have more money and i dont want to get so fat again it took me 9 months to lose most of the baby fat and that wasnt all i also dont know if i should wait til my baby is older or if i should wait until i go back to my normal weight that iwas before getting pregnant the first time so i wont gain so much or just wait until i have more money?

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 1:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think 2 yrs. apart is ideal but 4 years is good too! 4 years sounds like it would be better for you.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I would say there isn't really a right time to have another child. It is when YOU feel most comfortable and when you feel it is the right time. In my personal opinion I would want my children to be about 4 years apart because I figure it would be easier than having 2 kids in college at the same time. That's something you might want to consider as well. But really it is a personal choice and can be different for everyone.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I think if you wait until all your ducks are in a row you'll never pull the trigger. There is just never a perfect time to have a baby, luckily for me, my #2 was a surprise and I had no say in his arrival. Turned out that 2 years apart was perfect for our family. Yes, they fight, but they also adore eachother and play together all of the time. DS2 thinks DD4 is the bees knees =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• we let the Lord plan our family since He knows far better than we do what is best for us! :) our kids are 4, almost 3, 18 months, and we'll have another one joining our family in September! we love how close they are in age!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I really enjoyed haveing brothers and sisters close in age to me. I was able to play with them and relate to them as we grew. I think that 2 years is perfect. it gives you time to bond with your first child before your next one comes.
    You are probably going to gain weight whether you get pregnant now, or later.

As for the money, thats a worry in its self. If you think you cant afford it, then maybe you should wait.
    Jordanlover05

Answer by Jordanlover05 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009