my husband talk to me like Im one of his kids no respact he

see any thing good about me he never tell me nice thing I have kids and its hard for me just to leave like that .Ihave no money or dgree to wark .he so aabuser and alwayes tell me its my folt he does not talk to his family and thats not true and he know that .or any bad thing hapend to his its my mistake.Ineed somene tell me what can I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Because he is abusive you should go to a shelter with your children. They will provide all of your needs, including helping you find a permanent home and get you started on some education to make you financially independent. I have a friend who went to a shelter with her kids on Christmas day, and she is now working and studying to be an RN. Her life has totally changed for the better!

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Is he going through the mid life crisis? Try to talk to him about how you feel and have him read a book from a Christian bookstore on this? You should just leave the room when he is this way it is not your fault.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• LEAVE! If he is abusive, there is no question. Take your kids with you and stay with a friend or relative until he gets serious counseling. Do not confront him or tell him where you will be. If necessary, get the police involved. If he is physically abusing you, they will give you a temporary restaining order so he cannot come near you or your kids. Do not talk to his family either - blood is thicker than water and nothing he does will change that!
    Anonymous

• abusive like hitting leave, you will never have a perfect husband though,work on him.
    Anonymous

• It's time for you to learn independence from your husband...why are you in a relationship that's obviously not a good relationship for you? Because you love him? Well, if he truely loved you, he wouldn't put you through the abuse he's putting you through...You stay because you want to stay, not because of you not having money or a degree. Begin to stop making excuses for why you stay and begin to put into action a plan for leaving...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• He doesn't have to be just hitting you to be abusive...
    I think verbal abuse is worse..My dad verbally abused my mom the whole time I was growing
    up....get out...go...go to shelter...lean on family and friends..
    you must get yourself and your children into a better more healthy environment..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If he is an abuser he'll never tell you anything good about yourself. That's how he maintains control over you. Lies to you ? of course he does bc he doesn't have respect for you as a person. You are property to him to use as he wishes but feels no need to pamper you. He doesn't thank the chair or tell it how great it is for holding him up when he sits on it. Abusers feel the same about their women. The kids will learn this behavior and suffer. If they are females they will be treated like that as an adult. You can get out and get help if you call the local shelter or the national hotline. 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or go to www.ndvh.org. You can make it on your own. You are smart. You have strength to get out and you can be trained to work. You can do this but only you can make the decision to leave his abusive home.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009