revoking rights...

Ok, so the "father" is willing to revoke his rights, and my daughter DOES have a daddy. He has been there from day 1. She spent 3 months in NICU, with both of us by her side. However, we are not married. We are established, (our own home, cars, finances.) Is he able to adopt her, or does he have to be my husband to be a daddy in the eyes of the law? My daughters well-being is what matters here, yet, they seem to worry more about a donor who's priorities are elsewhere...

khrystalsmommy

Asked by khrystalsmommy at 1:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Its different in every state. I think here you actually have to married but I dont know where you are from. Some will answer questions over the phone. Some law offices also have web pages that allowy you to email them questions, do your research and make sure they are legit first though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Since laws differ in every state you should consult with an attorney. Some lawyers will answer questions like this over the phone.
    Anonymous

• I agree you need to consult with a family lawyer because the law is different in every state.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009