• In the Spotlight:

What the H***???

I saw the story on ET last night of Nadya coming home with the babies. The photogs actually followed her up her driveway and into the garage before the doors could close!! They were actually inside after the doors closed and she couldn't get out of the car!!

She called the cops, but I didn't see a single person getting arrested for trespassing. Which they certainly should have. They should also have had their film taken away, as those pictures were obtained during the execution of a crime.

Why do we allow the paparazzi to victimize people like this? How many actors and singers cannot even walk or drive anywhere without being hemmed in by so many paparazzi that they can't even move?? And now they can trespass on private property and flash their bulbs into the eyes of sensitive preemies without consequence too?? No wonder why they continue to do it.

Do you agree that we need to crack down on these predators??

Sharon7772

Asked by Sharon7772 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• O.P. here:

Before anyone talks about people being famous deserving this treatment from the photogs as a side effect of fame. I'd like to point out that, just because someone chooses acting or singing as a career, does not mean that people have to act so darn fanatically about them that the paparazzi actually have a place to sell their stupid photo's.

Why can't people enjoy movies and music without becoming obsessed with the actors and singers? It's sick.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i saw that last night to and let me tell you i dont agree with what she has done but no one deserves that. Thats putting those babies in danger and even she as a parent relized that she was so worried about her two little babies plus her other children that were in the house. They shouldnt be allowed to do that. ID been p oed!
    they were like beating down the door. im sure the escorted many people away and hopefully arrested some and we just didnt see it.
    Anonymous

• BTW. ..........ET is something I watch every night while waiting for other shows to come on. I do not buy any of those ragmags about stars, ever!

Just thought I'd throw that out there before someone threw it at me!
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Why can't people enjoy movies and music without becoming obsessed with the actors and singers? It's sick.

Some people need lives. People want to escape the doldrums of their boring lives. People want to be like them, have people clamoring at their feet. Everyone wants to be famous/remembered for something of importance. Why are reality shows and American Idol so popular? Because glamour sells!

Just look at home many posts, articles, and interviews people have made/conducted in their quest to study this woman under the microscope?! It makes people feel better when they can compare themselves to someone else. We're a very insecure society.

Anonymous

• I agree, it's sad, let that lady live her life with her 14 kids! I don't see why they pappz(whatever) don't get arrested for tresspassing on their lawns. It's frustrating to see them get away with things that any normal person did, they would get arrested! Again leave that lady alone, she doesn't seem crazy to me, she's a normal person who felt her embrio(I don't know how to spell it) were babies, a lot of people feel that way. Now they are all here in this world, so butt out of her business!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yeah I thought that was horrible. They were hitting the car windows with their cameras, and flashing...I would have been real upset for my babies. And they actually said 2 cameras got inside the garage....that should be criminally punishable. If anything, she just got a reason to sue people for money she needs from those networks/magazines.

I hope she has proper security for the babies she brings home in the future. And when she decides to take the babies out of the house eventually.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• She volunteered for this the minute she did her first paid interview.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• she volunteered for that? Are you freaking kidding me? They didnt sworm all over freaking kate and jon when they brought there little ones home and they to did a interview.
    She has the right to be respected and left alone they put those babies in danger and should be punished they arnt allowed to tresspass on peoples lawns much less in to her garage. where she is trying to safly get her babies out of the car. People now days make me sick.
    Anonymous

• Why does this happen? Because magazines and news stations will pay big money for the pictures.
    Why do they do that? Because people will buy the magazines and watch the news shows to see the pictures.

As long as we keep feeding the machine, the machine will keep doing everything it can to feed us.

Was it horribly wrong? Yes. Should they have been arrested for tresspassing? Yes. Is there any way to prevent this or outlaw the behavior? No. That's one of the costs of living in a society with free speech. If we ban such behavior, it won't stop, they'll just get extra sneaky or trust that out of a large group, they will be one of the ones that gets away when the cops show up. It would also open up the door to ban other types of things - no unlicensed photographers taking picutres in public, no unlicensed reporters at public meetings, no unlicensed news reports of any kind. Slippery slope.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• yea we do... i can't stand them.... they harrass and stalk people... i thought that was a crime?? they shouldn't do that to those little babies...it's going to hurt their eyes...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009