What does marriage mean to you? Do you already have kids with your boyfriend?

angelkcm2

Asked by angelkcm2 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Marriage is sacred and a life commitment to God and your spouse.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have no issue with those that say "its just a piece of paper" as people can do whatever they like, but to *me*, it is just going the extra mile so to speak, in a relationship. It is sealing the deal. Telling the world that you are foresaking all others to be best friends and partners for life, that you are one family and solid. We did not have kids together before we married.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Marriage is the ultimate commitment to the man I love. We had no kids before we were married.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Marriage is a committment. I don't have to feel threatened by the fact that he may walk out on me, which he can freely do if we aren't married. The fact is, when we decide to have children, it will be mutual.. not some scheme to make him marry me.
    Anonymous

• marriage to me is just a peice of paper. . . i did get married, but i dont feel that everyone has to. and i got pregnant and had my daughter before we got married, but thats only because my husband joined the army and went away to boot camp before our daughter was born. we got married when he came back from all his training though. . . i dont see anything wrong with having kids before marriage. if you love someone and thats what you both want then go for it .. .. ..
    Anonymous

• My husband and I had 2 kids by the time we legally married. But we did say we were married from the time we moved in together (I did get pregnant within the first month with our first). Nothing changed from the day before we got married to the day after (except my last name). We still paid the same rent and bills, we still had the same kids and the same relationship. The only difference now that it has been 3 yrs is we are having baby number 4 and we bought a house.
    Anonymous

• Marriage means the world to me, when it comes to my DH. My marriage is solely based on my love for him. We do not have any biological kids together but to my DD my DH is her daddy and I have a wonderful stepdaughter, and we are working on having a child together.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• marraige to me is the commitment to the man i love. we did not have children before we were married.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I got pregnant while we were in the process of discussing becoming engaged. I would have preferred to wait until we were married to get pregnant, but sometimes stuff doesn't happen the way you plan it. I hate that people assume that I got pregnant to "trap" him, when in reality he was the one who was in a hurry to get married, while I was chill with waiting awhile so we could plan a nice wedding. In the end we just got married in street clothes in the living room of my parents' house alone because he felt so strongly that we should hurry it up...so I missed out on a wedding. Anyway, the marriage itself is a way of us proclaiming to each other and to the world that we are number one in each others' lives, and that we plan on being together forever. It's definitely more than just a piece of paper to me.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 2:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i think marriage is for life. being divorced and now dating again, i would get married for a while because i would want it to be with the right person. if i was dating someone and found out i was pregnent then i would wait until after the baby to get married. but i do think it can be great if your with the right person and you are commited for life
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009