Why do we have such emotional attachments to clothes?

I gave away all of our baby things and now am feeling blue about it. Realistically we may have another baby, but not for 4-5 years, but we don't have the room to continue storing them on the chance that we may have more babies...someday.

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 2:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i was the same way...once my son grew out of his clothes i wanted to donate them, but it was soo hard... i kept a few that i just couldn't part with...i also cut out little designs on some of them and is incorparating them in his scrapbook....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I kept most of dd's clothes but I'm making some of them into a blanket for her to have when shes older and I kept all her firsts and anything that has cherries on them ( i love cherries!) but the rest went into a yard sell and the money went to her birthday party
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was the same way. Luckily my pregnancy started baby fever in my family and now my 18 month old daughter has two baby girl cousins (6 months and 8 months) So I gave all of her clothes to them, whenever I see them I remember what Savannah was doing when she wore them.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 2:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I kept the coming home outfit and first Christmas outfit. All the others were donated.

I don't even miss them. I am currently looking forward to getting rid of the rest of the 3T stuff this summer as my youngest grows out of them.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have almost all his clothes in my storage building. I have most all his toys, all his furniture, all his shoes, I kept it all. Mostly cause my SIL wants a baby and wanted all his stuff if/when she gets preggo.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't have storage space, but definitely want more children . . . someday. I took one Rubbermade tub and filled it with the cutest gender neutral clothes. I did keep a lot of my favorites that were pink and purple too, but only the ones I loved the most. I tried to only keep clothes that could be used year round (onesies, socks, and cotton PJS--no fleece) so that helped get rid of a lot too.

I almost cried going through my DDs baby clothes. I just remember how absolutely tiny she was. Its heartbreaking, I know :~(
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I only keep the outfits from special friends and family, which was only 2 outfits. and his baby shoes. I don't mind throwing things away or giving them away.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 3:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009