Question about Online Job Applications, has anyone had this happen?

So I applied online through my account at Jobs.com for a Medical Assisting Data Entry job, working at home- and I got a call today from a Agency called "Employment Select"- They told me that since the Client is Confidential they were contracted to pre-screen all applicants of the job and that they just had to ask a few quick questions. So I said "sure, thats fine". So she pulled up my application, clarified the info. then asked if I could receive Texts to my phone, if I had a computer and Internet connection at home, what sort of edu. background do I have, and what exp. do I have in the field. I gave her the info. and she said that I passed the pre-approval application and that she was going to forward my app and her additional notes on to the employer, and that I should receive a call from them. I am from a small area and have been a SAHM for 4 years now, so I am a bit out of the hiring loop here. Is this a good thing?

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• You know, I've heard that they are legitimate and then I hear reports that they collect information to sell. I've never really heard anything "good" about them. The best I can give you is a list of legitimate at home jobs that I know of. I don't make a penny from any of these employers so if you apply, get hired or ignore the entire post it makes no difference: http://stuckathomemom.com/blog/archives/category/work-at-home-jobs Sorry I can't be more help when it comes to "Employment Select"

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• This is what worked for me.

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• call your better bussines bereaure. they will have any records of this company.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 1:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2009